The cover was created on a Createspace template which only allows certain options. Nevertheless we were very pleased to receive the cover image from the Sudanese artist, Ahmed Amir Jabir.
Our book on Sudanese Arabic Proverbs is thankfully finally seeing the light of day!
Here is the description of the e-book :
This collection of proverbs provides a fascinating glimpse into the culture, social morals, historical traditions and humour of the Sudanese people. Learning some of these proverbs can be a great way of sharing your sense of humour or expressing an opinion without having to stumble on words that might be misunderstood. For the most part, these succinct sayings call for virtues that encourage solidarity, peace and coherence within society.
- Contains over 560 Sudanese Arabic proverbs that are commonly used in the Sudan.
- Each proverb has an English translation.
- The transliterated script guides pronunciation and assists beginners in learning the Arabic language.
- Concise notes explain the meaning and cultural background of each proverb.
- Includes a dozen folk-tales linked to individual proverbs.
- An alphabetical index is supplied for easy reference.
(We hope to publish a print on demand version as well.)